The Leo Fung Center: The place for treating CAH and DSD
Since opening in 2005, the Leo Fung Center for CAH and DSD has the distinction of being the first clinic in the country where providers from many specialties work together in a single clinic location to care for patients with CAH and DSD. If visits with multiple specialists are needed, all can be coordinated in a single visit, which reduces the number of necessary clinic appointments. The Center’s team discusses your child’s condition and working together, monitors his or her care. Your primary care provider becomes part of the team as well, coordinating to get your child the care he or she needs.
This advanced team includes pediatric specialists in endocrinology, urology, obstetrics/gynecology, psychology, and genetic counselors.
CAH and DSD are not “One size fits all” conditionsWe provide specialty care that includes:
- 5-Reductase deficiency
- Complete or partial Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome
- Complete or partial Gonadal Dysgenesis
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Kallmann syndrome
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Leydig cell hypoplasia
- Mayer, Rokitansky, Kuster, Hauser syndrome
- Ovotesticular DSD
- Persistent Müllerian duct syndrome
- Sex-chromosome mosaicism
- Testosterone synthesis defects
- Turner syndrome
- XX testicular DSD
Learn to live with CAH and DSD
We have additional programs and services:
- We offer your child and you education, counseling and support.
- We offer genetic counseling and testing.
- We provide referrals to community-based services.
- We do surgical reconstruction when it is needed.
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia in the Newborn (PDF)
The Leo Fung Center for CAH and DSD team developed the following handbooks, which are available online at no charge:
Locations by city:
|Pediatric Specialty Care Explorer Clinic|
East Building, 12th Floor
2450 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454