Become a volunteer
We invite you to help make a difference in the lives of our patients and families at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital. Here is how you can get involved and stay connected.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the hospital to fit your schedule and interests.
Volunteers work four hours weekly for six months (minimum). Summer-only volunteers work 75 hours during June, July and August.
Every prospective volunteer must complete the following application process.
- Please read the instructions and complete the online application form
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide two personal references
- Attend a New Volunteer Information and Orientation Session
- Complete a health assessment with Employee Occupational Health Services
- Complete a one-on-one interview with a volunteer coordinator