Become a volunteer
We invite you to help make a difference in the lives of our patients and families at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. Here is how you can get involved and stay connected.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the hospital to fit your schedule and interests. Please review the frequently asked questions for more information regarding opportunities and availability.
Volunteers commit to a consistent weekly 3 or 4-hour shift for a 100-hour minimum commitment. Summer-only volunteers commit to 75 hours during June, July and August.
Every prospective volunteer must complete the following application process.
- Please read the instructions and complete the online application form
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide two personal references
- Attend a New Volunteer Information and Orientation Session
- Complete a health assessment with Employee Occupational Health Services
- Complete a one-on-one interview with a volunteer coordinator
Applications for the 2015 Summer Junior Volunteer Program are no longer being accepted. Please check back in March 2016 to apply.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for 15- to18-year-old high school students interested in helping in a variety of hospital departments. We ask for two, 3-4 hour volunteer shifts per week with an additional three-hour weekly session focusing on different health career areas. This summer’s 8-week program will run from Monday, June 15th through Friday, August 7th. The application process for 2015 is now closed. If you have questions, please contact Derek Taylor. The program is competitive and not all who apply will be accepted.